*** This page is for long-term volunteers and service learning students, NOT parents volunteering during their child’s program. If you are a parent volunteer, please go to the "Programs" tab and select the program for which you are volunteering. ***
Volunteer today to make a difference tomorrow! Volunteers are essential to fulfilling our mission: Empowering students of all ages through authentic hands-on outdoor experiences with the environmental knowledge, skills, and motivation to make and act upon responsible environmental decisions. See below for opportunities ranging from environmental education to horticulture!
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Join a dynamic and supportive team that wants to see you succeed
- Foster environmental stewardship
- Instill confidence in youth
- Training and experience related to various skills and techniques
- Network and meet like-minded people
- Spend time outdoors
- Restore natural ecosystems
- Potential for leadership roles, such as training other volunteers
- Potential for academic credit
- Receive monthly volunteer opportunities newsletter
- Volunteer appreciation social
- Duties: Maintain the native gardens and plant nursery. Manage invasive plant species. Assist with restoration projects.
- Time: 1-4 hours/day
- Location: Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center, 975 Indian Landing Rd, Millersville, MD 21108
To get started, please fill out our volunteer application.
Please note: All volunteers are required to attend an orientation at Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center. All positions are contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteer-ELOE@aacps.org or 410-222-3822 if you have any questions.