Environmental Literacy Assistant
Environmental Literacy & Outdoor Education
Serves as an intern by assisting Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education staff in the needs of the outdoor education programs. Work involves supporting program through assisting with instructional and facility needs and operations. This includes preparation of materials, outdoor instruction, participating in staff development activities and helping with upkeep of educational displays. Work is planned and implemented under the direction of the Coordinator of Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education and the professional staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instructs and implements lessons as a part of the Environmental Literacy field experience.
- Assists the Outdoor Education Teacher Specialist and Outdoor Educator with parent in-services.
- Organizes the set up and break down of necessary equipment and materials needed for instructional programs and activities.
- Assists in developing instructional materials and activities for use in the outdoor education program.
- Directs and oversees dining hall meal procedures to assure proper meal atmosphere and behavior.
- Assists parents and teachers with instructional activities and programs as assigned.
- Maintains tree nursery and native plant gardens as a part of the environmental and outdoor education center.
- Assists with aquaculture maintenance.
- Assists with upkeep of databases and administrative duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervision and Guidance Received
- Works under the general supervision of the Coordinator of Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education.
- Works under the immediate direction and supervision of the Outdoor Educator and/or other professional staff member.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Preference of course work and/or studies in environmental education, environmental management, outdoor education, elementary or secondary education, recreation or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as a team member and show patience when working with students, teachers, administrators, fellow employees, parents, volunteers and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse population
- Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred). A minimum score on pre-employment assessment is required
Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center
975 Indian Landing Rd. Millersville, MD 21108
To apply for this position, Click this link and follow insturctions to "Apply Now"
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
Organizational Unit: Outdoor Education Program
Reports To: Coordinator of Environmental/Outdoor Education
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS available to teach Anne Arundel County Public Schools Drownproofing Program
at the Arundel Olympic Swim Center in Annapolis.
Hours generally 8:30 am - 2:30 pm Monday - Friday.
Qualifications: must have current A.A. Co. lifeguard license and teaching experience. Water Safety Instructor and pool operator's license are also recommended.
Beginning salary $12- $14/hour based on certifications.
For more information call
or email: email@example.com
Arlington Echo Summer Jobs
To Apply, fill out the Staff Application for Summer Camps 2019!
(if applying for Art or Spanish Camps, please contact the Art Office (410-222-5449) or the World Classical Languages Office (410-222-5424)
Senior Counselor, Junior Counselor, Counselor-in-Training, & Aquatic Staff Positions for:
Early Birds Camp
Campers entering grades K-1. A fun-filled day camp featuring crafts, music, games, swimming, boating and more!
Campers entering grades 2-4. A fun-filled residential camp featuring crafts, music, games, swimming, fishing, crabbing, boating and more! Friendship Junior is a day camp for students entering grades 2-3, Friendship Senior is an overnight camp for students entering grades 3-4.
Planet Earth Camp
Campers entering grades 4-6. An ecology-based residential camp with hands-on environmental activities, fishing, crabbing, swimming, crafts and games.
Echo Adventure Camp
Campers entering grades 6-8. An adventure-filled residential camp that offers activities including hiking, tent camping, swimming and canoeing.
Junior Counselor & Counselor-in-Training Age Requirements:
For Early Birds Camp and Friendship Camp, junior counselors must be at least 16 years of age and counselors-in-training (CIT) must be at least 15 years of age.
For Planet Earth Camp and Eco Adventure Camp, junior counselors must be at least 18 years of age and CIT's must be at least 16 years of age.
For all camps, the counselor-in-training (CIT) position is an unpaid training position.
Senior Counselor Age Requirements:
All Senior Staff must be 21 years of age or older.
** Teachers from Anne Arundel County that enjoy leading campers in a variety of outdoor activities are encouraged to apply for Senior Counselor Positions.
Aquatic Staff: Teach during the summer at Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center in Millersville. Forty Hours per week. Aquatic staff must be a current Water Saftey Instructor, have a current A.A. Co. lifegaurd and pool operator's license, and current CPR. Canoeing and small craft safety experience is helpful. Salary: $10.00/hour
For more information contact
Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center
975 Indian Landing Road, Millersville, MD 21108